Monday, August 20, 2012

Will Race for. . . . ???

My first (of many I hope) blog posts!  So, clearly, I will run for wine. I also will run for many other things such as; smartfood popcorn, coffee, pedicures, new itunes downloads, new running gear/apparel, bragging rights, fro yo, health (mental and physical) camaraderie, swag, time off from work, to get out of my comfort zone, a day of complete rest and day napping (and not feeling guilty about it) .....and many many other various reasons.

So my next question is, what do you race for?  Personally, the main reason I race is to test myself and see if I can achieve a goal.  To me, there's no better feeling in the world than crossing that finish line and saying to yourself, "I DID IT!!!!!"  Of course I appreciate all the spectators, family, friends who support me along the way to ensure I can cross that finish line.  The whole environment of racing is like one big party of like-minded people and it really gets my blood going!  That feeling I get in my stomach pre-race... and that giant sigh of relief I get post-race...all give me motivation to do it again.  A new distance, try for a PR, a new race.  There's always something to strive for in endurance sports. And best of all, you get to compete against yourself.  Talk about mental toughness!!

So tell me what do you race for?? And if you haven't raced... what do you WANT to race for?  I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say!  Always refreshing to hear new perspectives.


Until next time, use your wings.   :)

1 comment: